In the professional language courses, you will acquire knowledge that should make it easier for you to get started in everyday working life. The professional language course builds on the content of the integration course and aims to reach the language level up to level C 2 according to the for Languages.
The right to participate in a professional language course can be granted if you
- are registered with the employment agency , looking for a job or unemployed, or if you are taking part in measures for pre-vocational training program or assisted training. In this case, the local employment agency can approve a professional language course for you.
- The local job centre will allow you to take part in a course.
- You have to reach a certain language level in addition to the or for access to the profession or
- are an . The Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) issues the right to participate for trainees and also for participants who have to reach a certain language level for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications or for access to the profession.
In addition to the basic courses, which impart general knowledge for everyday work, various special courses are also offered:
- Courses for people who are in the recognition process for academic health care professions and health care professions (regulated professions)
- Courses with subject-specific content to work in commercial-technical professions or in retail.
- Courses for graduates of the integration course with knowledge at levels A1 and A2 who have not reached level B1 (language tests according to the European reference framework levels A 1 to C2).
- Courses for professionals who do not yet have sufficient language skills.
Note: Detailed information on the professional language courses and the requirements can be found on the website of the (BAMF).
You can find a language course on site using the
search engine. Other special language courses, e.g. for women, young people and parents can be found on the website.
The State supports participation in the integration course. In principle, it covers half of the course costs, currently €4.40 per lesson. You have to pay a cost contribution of €2.20 per lesson. If the integration course is successfully completed within two years, half of the contribution made can be refunded (the period begins when the entitlement to participate is issued). Participants who, for example, receive to secure their livelihood can apply to be exempted from making their own contribution.